Labels

Sunday 1 November 2015

la noche de los museos

Last night was a busy one and as soon as I stepped out onto the streets of BA, I knew it was a special one. As I walked down my road towards Avenida Libertador, I realised that this was a unique opportunity to see the 222 galleries, museums and historic buildings that open their doors once a year until 3am for the 'night of the museums'. As I waited for a friend, I watched an open air ballet and although it was windy, the atmosphere was buzzing. We walked over to some of the museums and went to a sound exhibition followed by a strings quartet concert inside an art gallery and finally headed to Congreso, a huge and beautiful building and one which aesthetically proves the mix of cultures and history that BA stands for.
Unfortunately, I got home a little earlier than three and must have eaten something rotten, as I have been in bed all day with some kind of stomach upset or food poisoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment