Labels

Friday 4 December 2015

SUP on a lagoon during sunset

The title of this blog post makes me jealous just thinking about the next person who gets to do this soon. As you are probably aware, I am out of the city and onto the beach in Pipa, Brazil. I can't tell you what a relief it was to see the ocean and to get on a surfboard in the warm water and paddle out to try to catch waves I very rarely catch and see dolphins pop up alongside me and breathe in life and nature. Today it was flat so we went out in a group on a huge lagoon and it took us several hours to paddle to the other side. With a short break, we were paddling across the lake at sunset and I was barely afloat, as my little legs shook with the excitement of the view. I have never set eyes on anything quite so beautiful. We recovered from the effort with a big bowl of acai and these are the times I never want to leave :) And yet, it feels a little like the clock is ticking and I need to set my mind to the fact that I am coming home, as wonderful as al of this is.
But for now, a few more sunsets lie in store and perhaps a few broken surfboards. What a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment