Labels

Thursday 10 March 2011

Birth of the boring brownie

Last night, I ran out of cocoa, sugar and all the essential ingredients to lead me to an early grave, so with whatever I had at home (yawn), I baked brownies which, for those afflicted by the killer brownie habit, would have been cast to the bottom of the ever-disappearing brownie pile. My total inexperience in brownie baking has left me an incy wincy bit proud of my tasteless creations- so much so that I've eaten all of them. And now I am back to square one, immense boredom. So, to the few of you interested in avoiding essential ingredients, here is the recipe to use at your own peril:


The Hale and Hearty Pancake mix (gluten free)
whatever cocoa powder you have left in the kitchen (try the spices section in your cupboards and if you ran out during SAD season, just look for brown powder)
sugar (again, any form will do- anything that doesn't ressemble salty, even jam)
oil and water (sorry, these have no replacements and if I found them, I would be rich enough to feed my brownies to the whole of Dubai)
Mix it all up, put in a baking tray and .... wait..... TEN WHOLE MINUTES and then...... EAT one, or two....


and then find a proper recipe...

Mine looked nothing like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment