Labels

Monday 24 January 2011

Theme of the month: creative flow

I saw Black Swan at the weekend, thinking I would not give into the hype surrounding this part-horror, part- thriller but I loved it for it's depiction of a girl coming of age in the ultra competitive ballet world. This film is extreme and takes you with it..... by the end, the stress got too much and I was covering my eyes and jumping in my seat and all because this girl (the ever-ebullient and wonderful Natalie Portman playing the prima ballerina, Nina) is so emotional and anxious that she actually thinks she is killing her rival when, in fact, she is killing herself. The age-old adage that people actually destroy themselves quicker than anyone else can is revealed through Nina's duality and her inability to accept herself, convinced that there is something more that she can do to achieve.Perfection is not about control.

No comments:

Post a Comment