Labels

Friday 12 November 2010

The best of rude Britain

A recent article naming the Best of British cited cagoules, alcopops and blankets at the top of the list, which makes me feel a little depressed, since all my cagoules have gone missing one way or another, nobody I know even looks at an alcopop and my blankets are all from Ikea and much as they would like to, the Brits can't take the credit for that biggy. However, much to my relief, the article went on to talk about the merits of British shipping forecasts and their poetic tones, which have saved me from many a sleepless night in the wet and windy West Country that was home to me many years ago, and hopefully lots of sailors. My favourite, though, were these rude vegetables...
If you've  ever ordered veggie boxes, you will recognise the genuine happiness I'm displaying, not least because whoever got these in the post, got TWO of them!!!! Memories of actually having to make soup with them, still kill me and rack me with guilt, due to their more than human form.

No comments:

Post a Comment