Labels

Tuesday 30 November 2010

Magic Messi

Apparantly, Barcelona have outwitted Madrid to hit top of the table and, though I could give less than two hoots, not even one hoot actually, the expression on this guy's face is sublimely comforting, especially since the speckles of snow that have descended on London have done little to cheer me up at this time. I am football's ignoramus but the staggering display of happiness here makes me rethink my lack of dedication to the game.  And, let's face it, if I know who Messi is, then I have a pretty good head start. I mean, he's  the only one to have made a stamp on the game. In fact,  he would probably have the ability to do this in any game, even chess. I realise this is controversial and may come as a surprise to all those other footbally types that are too rich to mention on this blog but I in my narrow sphere of sporty influence, he is the man.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to be a killjoy, but I don't think that picture is of Messi. I think it's David Villa, in fact. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is!!! I wouldn't grace my blog with Messi's godly presence...!!

    ReplyDelete