Labels

Sunday 21 November 2010

Syndromes and a century

 by Apichatpong Weerasethakul.

I won't deny that I had to copy and paste his name from somewhere far cleverer than here but last night, I  had the utmost pleasure in watching this 2006 ( it takes me a while to catch on sometimes) Thai drama. I have to mention that it was because I failed to get off the couch and drive across London to see his latest film, Uncle Boonmee who can recall his past lives, which might have had something to do with the hideous idea of seeing London West to East on a gloomy November night. Anyway, my sheer apathy led me to his previous stuff... It's one of those films you could watch on mute and even if you saw it twice or three times in one day, you would still happen upon some incredible shots. Ours is a visual culture but Weerasethakul takes that thought and runs with it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment