Labels

Saturday 20 November 2010

chocolate devastation

In keeping with my November theme of chocolate, or devouring it at all hours of the day, I began to realise that this selfishness cannot continue. I can't possibly just keep taking from the world's obviously diminished cocoa supplies and not give anything back. So, I set about trying to locate a voluntary position at a chocolate factory, which had nothing to do with tasting the offending substance all day long and I saw it as a long-term devotional offering of my extremely limited time ( usually taken up by eating the stuff) Alas, no luck, and the nearest I got was hearing about the Green and Blacks Taste Assistant position causing a mouth-watering explosion of excitement in my day-to-day. Heart sinking, I knew deep-down that I was, in no particular culinary way, qualified for such a prestigious post and, whilst I knew how to impress them with my unadulterated passion for the dark magic that is Green and Blacks Maya Gold,  it was disheartening to read that if I made it past this first stage, my ultimate challenge would be a cooking one. This, to me, is like slipping on a banana skin smashing your face just as you are walking down the aisle to collect an Oscar. Cooking with chocolate? In front of a panel of judges? Does it even occur to them in their unstarved chocolate-coated little minds, that maybe, just maybe, I might start licking the spoon???
So, I am to settle for the gloriously packaged stuff, the real deal and forget about these Willy Wonka fantasies... at least until the next recruitment round.

No comments:

Post a Comment