Labels

Monday 13 December 2010

TOTM The Adjustment Bureau

Emily Blunt and Matt Damon are to star in this romantic drama as a ballerina and a politician respectively (although I guess it could be the other way around) The film asks the age-old question of whether our fate is predetermined and if it is, can we actually change it? My take is that, if you are comfortable, joyful and relaxed in the here and now, good things will come to you like little extraterrestrial magnets, not because of some serendipitous rapport with you and you only but because like attracts like.
So, the plot is not why I will be watching the film. Instead, I'll be sticking tightly to the ballet scenes in the film, like those hideous ballet tights we all used to have to wear to class until we realised that not even these would cover up our balletic hopelessness. The Christmassy part of me wishes that the film turns all "RED Shoes" on me and Emily will break out into dance wizadry at regular intervals. Fingers and my unsightly post-ballet era toes crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment