Labels

Tuesday 7 December 2010

TOTM: A room in Rome

This latest Julio Medem flick forced in front of me the other day,  created such a wave of discomfort and then disgust, that I left the room shouting on several occasions. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to like this film which tells of a love story between a skinny Spanish woman and the most typical Russian beauty caught on camera, in a scenic, dimly lit room in Rome. It had all the ingredients to wow; the city, which fascinates me from afar, two incredibly alluring women of even more alluring nationalities and a hotel room anyone would wish to frequent.. And yet,  whilst the physical stuff that Julio chooses to shoot most likely appeals to everything that growls ( men, for short) , it made me feel all vulnerable, as though the mere fact that he filmed these exceptionally beautiful females defeated the object of being or trying to be the best woman you can be.

2 comments:

  1. you should have watched it alone and not with two growlers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, they were growling in unison like a couple of strays....

    ReplyDelete