Labels

Saturday 11 December 2010

TOTM: Going the Distance

As the big C approaches, my sentimentality levels are soaring to new heights and this has unleashed superbly strong urges for cheese in all its forms, be they edible or not. So, last night, after a somewhat unpredictable week, I sat down in front of Drew Barrymore and Justin Long ( always a pleasure) and had my heart strings pulled ever so gently, as I was whisked away to a story about long distance relationships and their differing outcomes. Despite a few nauseating moments, these two lovebirds ( are they together in real life or is that just me being a mug and believing Hollywood chemistry?) managed to convince me that although they were having a tough time commuting between San Francisco and New York, this dinky little couple were built to last. And they did! They made it! Joy of all joys. It was exactly what needed to happen. The thing about Holllywood is that it is a big, fat tranquiliser that puts all of our worries, sad endings and trauma in a parcel and then Hollywood Santa comes and swaps them for a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment