Labels

Friday 25 September 2015

La primavera

Spring has finally landed in BA with its new floral scents and colours. The weather has been absolutely awful in recent days and I couldn't even tell I was in another country, let alone continent. And now I can breathe a big sigh of relief as I take the hood of jacket off and finally arrive in the city.
Two nights ago, I went to the Migrant film festival and stumbled upon a brilliant Polish film set in the Republic of Abhazia. For 8 pesos (that is about 60 pence) you can go to the Gaumont cinema and it's part funded by the government so it costs nothing. I've spent the last few rainy days sitting in its warmth and soaking up the visuals. Today is tango night in the milonga and my one real worry is I have no heels ... And possibly no rhythm but we will see. I got a job teaching two four year olds English so I'm happy to be slowly finding a mini purpose here for mini people

No comments:

Post a Comment