Labels

Tuesday 22 September 2015

Rumbo Sur

As I celebrate half a week here in Buenos Aires, the multiple projects I have in mind here are gathering force. Today, I had meetings with the guys at Rumbo Sur, an NGO and an organisation seeking to preserve Argentinian culture as well indigenous Latin american culture through film, literature and online presence. Ex advertising guru and graphic designer, Pablo Rey, is passionate about the project and has poured his heart into finding funding for  award-winning films and stunning photography collections. We talked about recent projects- the success of the photography collection based on the communities in Charco, the beautifully illustrated book about Porteno urban myths, all sourced straight from the older generation's mouths in true oral tradition, the book about social funding providing opportunities for financially disadvantaged but hugely talented entrepreneurs and much much more.
I am stunned by the number of the projects this association tackles and am keen to help in any way I can. Pablo has asked me to become more involved whilst I am here, perhaps even helping out with his next film. We will see but I am so excited that I am ignoring the terrible weather that keeps my cold well and truly alive.
Here is the link to the organisation for those interested:

http://www.rumbosur.org.ar/RumboSur/inicio.html

No comments:

Post a Comment