Labels

Wednesday 2 September 2015

shedding layers

I have started to sort through the innumerable clothes I have, realising with each irrelevant top and each indistinct skirt just how much I have accumulated over the years. It is the perfect moment to do away with it, to adhere to the useful minimalism that many are already happily doing with no regrets. I look forward to a time when I don't feel crowded or stifled by it all; the somewhat useless comfort blankets we choose to own when the rest of us doesn't feel quite right; the endless need to fit in with people who they themselves are just fitting in. So, out go the various patterns of my material existence these last few years and in comes experience, travel and new perspectives. I am shedding layers and gaining strength. And if the strength doesn't come, I'm sure to come across an H and M somewhere :)

No comments:

Post a Comment