Labels

Monday 26 October 2015

a little note

I haven't written tons here because things have been pretty busy. The projects are going well but I am nearly ready to let them go for a while and travel the country. Judging by the dynamism, grandeur and sheer enormity of what is on offer here in Buenos Aires, I am quite sure that the rest of the country will offer this in truck loads. Of course, I don't have the time to do it all but will attempt the south for a few days and hopefully head to Mendoza after that. I have been reading some journals about the first Polish immigrants (mama would be proud) and it turns out live in Misiones and are responsible for a large amount of yerba mate production. So, if time and resources allow it, I would love to head that way at some point. Our small island mentality makes it quite a challenge to remember the distances involved in covering a country like Argentina, so I have to tone down the hope to see absolutely everything and just go with the flow.
This weekend was busy socially, as my intermediate level tango lessons hit a high (i am still stepping on people's feet and deluding myself in the intermediate level group) and ended up dancing until 4am. The next night was spent at the Hotel Alvear, ahead of the elections on sunday. You might be as surprised as me to know that the government put a ban on alcohol after twelve the night before the elections, so this hotel was the only place in town to party! With an invite from a friend, it was a fun night. A lot of Argentine jet set dancing to Cumbia in a posh bar. Variety is the spice of life and this weekend was proof. Last night, I went to see Woody Allen's new film and finally cooked some beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment