Labels

Monday 19 October 2015

back in BA

For some reason, I was locked out of the site for a couple of days, so excuse the blank walls of this blog for a while. Lots of news, as usual and a whole different feel to BA as spring takes its sunny course. I spent a beautiful weekend visiting botanical gardens and sitting amongst the unique leaves of the yerba mate plant. I visited the Art Deco museum, which is actually a family home of the infamous Alvear family and it is a wondrous palace, filled to the brim with eclectic works of art, including an El Greco and a Rodin. I also stumbled across the BA photographic competition in the cultural centre, so all in all my perfect weekend, topped off with a night of whirling and twirling in the tango halls of the milonga. Despite the overdose of stinky men and slightly leachy dance partners, I  am still in awe of these places and always leave with the dramatic tones of the tango singers whirring in my head. I still don't have any tango shoes but my moves don't warrant them yet. I will keep you posted when the time comes.
In other news, I have just finished the grand translation of the Gran Chaco book, written and photographed by one of my favourite artists and people of all time- the Great Pablo Rey, who has currently asked me to translate his film about tango. A perfect match, I feel, for digging my non-existent tango heels slightly deeper into the underground scenes of the milonga here in this wild city.
I will post pics as soon as I can find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment