Labels

Saturday 10 October 2015

ocho por atras

It has been a particularly cumbersome week, with a broken phone, a painful ear, issues with the flat's electricity so no cooking and a general feeling that something bad was going to happen. However, the thing that most shocked me was last night, as a couple of friends and I exited the milonga after a night of dancing with our hearts and walked to the car to go home. On arrival, we all realised that someone had stolen Pablo's wheel, which was not surprising in itself. Actually, it was the reaction of my two friends, expert portenos, who just sighed and didn't react, fully aware that this is a daily occurrence. Laura said that had we parked on the other side of the street, where a little more light was coming from a nearby building, then it never would have happened. Incredible but it showed that these thieves cannot take the porteno spirit away, that hours in a milonga suffices to wash over these hideous happenings.
Of course, I had a great night and danced in the intermediate group, where I learnt more tango steps. After a long week visiting projects and translating, I was ready to let off some steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment