Labels

Thursday 8 October 2015

ouch

I have been absent from the blog for a couple of days as I have an ear infection and am taking antibiotics, which is never a particularly pleasant feeling. The doc thinks that it is due to the changes of climate ( they have 95%) humidity here and I am probably very sensitive to the changes of season, going from the start of autumn to the start of a particularly cold and unpleasant spring. I am recuperating and working from home on some translations for a wonderful man from Rumbo Sur, one of the organisations I am working with. He compiled a book of photos and texts about the people of the Chaco region and I am translating it for him. It is a fascinating story, one which reminds me what colonialism truly did to the area and how some parts of history and tradition cannot be eradicated, despite attempts from the Spanish conquistadores for so long. A brave indigenous crowd of people. I will, of course, put the link up when it is ready....

No comments:

Post a Comment