Labels

Monday 5 October 2015

technological hitch

Today was a very productive work day and lots of projects on the menu, including translation, short film, articles (it turns out people are reading my articles on the NGO website -eek!) but this was largely overshadowed by the big monster of a techy hitch that is an iPhone breaking in Argentina. In my western head, I did not think much of it at first and assumed (wrongly) that taking it to an Apple store would fix it all nicely. When I got to the store (appropriately named Macstation) I quickly realised that Argentina does not deal in iPhones and fixing them is even more of an issue. The kind lady tried to restore it from her mac but this failed and I ended up taking it to a dodgy dead-end repair shop in the hope that they may be able to whisk me quickly back to the land of the living.  I have until tomorrow to find a back-up plan in case the slightly off-record, illegal dealings don't pull off. Maybe my dreams will come up with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment